Application: To rezone from RS-6 (Single Family Dwelling) Zone to RT-5 (Attached Housing) Zone to construct a townhouse development. Variances and a Development Permit for form and character are also requested.
Update: Public Hearing scheduled for Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 7pm in the Saanich Council Chambers
Summary: Abstract Developments is proposing to construct a 16-unit, 3-storey, 3-building townhouse development on the northeast corner of Richmond Road and Kings Road.
A community meeting was held on November 23, 2017. Comments from neighbours were collected by the CCA between then and December 8. These comments were summarized in a letter to Council prior to the March 12th Committee of the Whole meeting. Council voted to send the proposal to Public Hearing which is scheduled for June 19, 2018. The applicant updated their plans between Committee of the Whole and Public Hearing (see below).
Timeline and Supporting Documents:
- Updated plans – May 15, 2018
- Community comments – provide by December 8, 2017
- Community meeting – November 23, 2017
- Updated plans – October 3, 2017
- Application Referral from Saanich Planning – April 24, 2017
- Presentation to CCA Board – April 13, 2017
- Open House – April 5, 2017