Application: To rezone from RS-6 to a new comprehensive zone for a 56 unit multi-family residential building.
Update: The proposed development is going to Public Hearing on Tuesday, April 24th, 7pm at Saanich Municipal Hall.
Summary: Abstract Developments acquired the four properties along the north side of North Dairy Road between Keats Street and Wordsworth Street in 2016 and proposed a 56-unit 4-storey condominium project.
A community survey was conducted in November 2017 to collect feedback from neighbours. Survey respondents indicated a range of concerns with the proposed development including the proposed parking variance, surface parking, massing, and rear yard setback. The proposal was considered at the December 4, 2017 Committee of the Whole meeting where municipal staff recommended postponing the application until concerns have been addressed. The CCA concurred with the staff recommendation and submitted a letter (see below) to Council. Saanich Committee of the Whole postponed consideration of this development application until issues are addressed.
Abstract Developments made a number of changes to their proposal and resubmitted plans in early January 2018. More information, including a summary of changes, can be found on Abstract’s website, here:
On April 9, 2018, the proposal returned to Saanich Committee of Whole where the revised plans passed second reading and were moved ahead to Public Hearing which is scheduled for April 24.
Timeline and Supporting Documents:
- Public Hearing – April 24, 2018
- Notice of Public Hearing
- Committee of the Whole meeting (revised plans) – April 9, 2018
- Open House – January 15, 2018
- Final updated plans – January 4, 2018
- Committee of the Whole meeting – December 4, 2017
- Community survey – due by November 23, 2017
- Updated plans – August 25, 2017
- Advisory Design Panel – August 2, 2017
- Updated plans – June 22, 2017
- Application Referral from Saanich – April 5, 2017
- Open House – March 28, 2017
- Presentation to CCA Board – March 9, 2017
- Informal meeting with CCA Directors – June 23, 2016