The District of Saanich is currently accepting applications from Saanich residents wishing to be involved in local government by sitting as a member of an Advisory Committee, Board or Foundation. Appointments effective 2021 are made by Saanich Council and are generally for a one-year term. If you would like to serve your community, we encourage you to apply.
The current list of appoinments may be viewed as 2020 Municipal Appointments to Advisory Committees.
FOR INFORMATION: Contact the Legislative Division at 250-475-5501.
HOW TO APPLY: Saanich residents interested in being considered for an appointment must provide a resume and complete an Application for Appointment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:30 P.M., FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2020. Submit to the Legislative Division, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 2W7, or by email: email@example.com.
Types of Committees
- Advisory Committees
- Council establishes Advisory Committees
- Most include one Council member as Chair
- Standing Committees
- The Mayor establishes Standing Committees for special purposes
- The Mayor appoints all the members of a Standing Committee with at least half being Council members
- Statutory Boards and Authorities
- Created through provincial and federal legislation
- Each board and authority has a unique function within the municipal framework
- Technical Committees
- Deal with specific technical matters