At Committee of the Whole meetings, residents have the opportunity to provide their comments to Council. You may speak up to five minutes on an agenda item. You may indicate your support or opposition to a Committee of the Whole agenda item in one of the following ways:
Submit written comments to Council:
It is strongly recommended that you provide your comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to
Mayor and Council
District of Saanich
770 Vernon Avenue
The deadline to receive submissions is 12:00 p.m., noon, on the day of the meeting.
Register to speak to a Committee of the Whole agenda item via telephone:
- By emailing the meeting date, meeting type and agenda item(s) to email@example.com; or
- By calling 250-475-5501 and specifying which meeting date, meeting type and agenda item(s) you wish to speak to.
Once you register, you will be sent an email with further instructions.
Please note the following instructions for when you call in:
- Your comments must be relevant to the item being considered.
- You will have five (5) minutes to speak.
- Turn off all audio of the meeting. There is approximately a 1-2 minute delay in the live stream so please listen to the cues given over the phone.
- Do not put your phone on speakerphone.
- Once you make your comments to Council, the call will end abruptly so that the next speaker can join the meeting.
- You will be put on hold in a queue for the respective item, and you will be connected as soon as possible. If you hang up during this time, you will lose your place in the queue.
If you miss the registration period, please watch the live meeting as there will be an opportunity for you to call in for a limited period of time. All meetings are streamed live at this URL.