A Public Hearing has been scheduled for the proposed rezoning of 2707 Richmond Road and 1810 Kings Road. Abstract Developments have proposed to rezone the two properties from RS-6 to RT-5 to construct a 16-unit townhouse development.
Where: Saanich Municipal Hall – Council Chambers
When: Tuesday, June 19th, 7:00pm
Members of the public are welcome to attend and speak at this Public Hearing. Correspondence can also be sent to email@example.com up to 4pm on the day of the meeting.
For more information about this project:
2707 Richmond Road + 1810 Kings Road
The Camosun Community Association is conducting a survey to collect feedback on a proposed rezoning and subdivision application at 3327 Richmond Road and 1910 Argyle Avenue. Neighbours are invited to complete the survey before May 22nd, 2018. Completed surveys can be dropped off in the collection box at 1690 McRae Avenue or send by email to CamosunCA@gmail.com
To view the survey and proposed plans, visit the page below:
1910 Argyle Avenue + 3327 Richmond Road
Recently, a single mother and her two children planned and prepared a meal together with other families at the Shelbourne Community Kitchen (the Kitchen), and they all sat down to enjoy it together. They had never had the opportunity to select and cook healthy food together. It was an empowering experience.
The Kitchen is a community food resource for individuals and families living on a low income. You may have read in our Fall Newsletter, that the CCA is one of five partner organizations that provide support to the Kitchen. The Kitchen, in turn, supports more than 400 people from local communities by providing the following opportunities:
- garden programs to learn how to grow food together;
- small group cooking programs to learn skills, share meals, and take away nutritious food;
- a pantry to self select healthy food for preparing at home;
- and a place of welcome, acceptance, community and other resources for support.
The number and involvement of participants and volunteers in the Kitchen has continued to grow, as has the positive impact of the Kitchen in the lives of many people. It runs its programs with just one paid staff member and over 200 volunteers. To support this growth, the Kitchen is in its first ever Fundraising Campaign. The campaign goal is to raise $80,000 to build greater capacity in the organization by hiring an additional staff member to assist with operations, and to accommodate those on waiting list for programs.
To learn more about the Kitchen, including how to donate, please visit their website at http://shelbournecommunitykitchen.ca
Date change and location announcement!
The CCA’s 2018 Annual General Meeting will be held:
Thursday, February 8th, 7pm – Lansdowne Middle School library
Research Associate, UVic, & Executive Director, BikeMaps.org
Please mark your calendars and come down to learn more about what’s happening in your community! There will be vacancies on our Board of Directors for anyone with an interest in our neighbourhood.
Refreshments will be served.
The Shebourne Community Kitchen at 3541 Shelbourne Street will be hosting a public Open House on Monday, November 27th! Everyone is welcome to drop by and learn more about this community resource. Open House hours are between 3:30pm and 6:30pm, and parking will be provided in the gravel parking lot on Cedar Ave just off Shelbourne Street.
There’s a lot happening in the Camosun Community right now! We have a number of active development applications in our community. See below for info about some of the proposals, or click “Development Applications” from the header menu above to view all projects!
- An application for a multi-family residential building on North Dairy Road will be considered by Saanich Committee of the Whole on December 4th, 7pm, in the municipal Council chambers. The CCA is currently conducting a community survey with neighbours to collect comments and feedback. To view plans of the proposed building and to find a copy of the survey, visit this page: 1586, 1588, & 1592 North Dairy Road + 3200 Wordsworth Street
- Another application for a townhouse development on Richmond Road at Kings Road is going through the rezoning process. The CCA is hosting a community meeting for neighbours to find out more and ask questions from the applicant. The meeting will be held on November 23rd, 7pm, at the Royal Jubilee Hospital (details below)
2707 Richmond Road + 1810 Kings Road
- Lastly, the rezoning application for 1780 Townley Street was approved by Council at the November 7th Public Hearing. To learn more about this project, visit: 1780 Townley Street
The Twelfth Annual Lutheran Church of the Cross Fall Supper is happening on October 21st at 5:30pm. All proceeds will go to support the Shelbourne Community Kitchen. See poster below for more info.
The Shelbourne Community Kitchen is also seeking funding for its “Helping Hands” program through the Aviva Community Fund. Please show your support by voting for the Shelbourne Community Kitchen online, here:
The CCA has joined forces with 4 other Community Associations to host an all-candidates forum for the upcoming District of Saanich by-election. Join us on on September 12th, at 6:30pm at St. Aidan’s United Church to meet the candidates and learn more about their platforms.
The Camosun Community Association 2017 Festival will be happening next month on Saturday, Sept 16th, 1-4pm at the Richmond School site on Townley Street.